LATRO: A Continuing Beacon of Success in the Mobile Industry – MTN Afghanistan’s Journey to Operational Excellence.
One year later, LATRO showcases how its transformative solutions have reshaped the operational landscape of MTN Afghanistan.
Reflecting back on this past year of engagement, Nader Farah, the CIO of MTNA, commented: “Because of LATRO’s support, my key staff members have been freed up to focus on revenue-generating priority tasks and make progress on larger strategic goals. This is because the MS team is able to support and manage a wide range of OEM platforms while discovering and addressing issues that went unnoticed and unaddressed previously.”
When MTN Afghanistan (MTNA) faced an abrupt exit of its previous Charging & Value-Added Services Systems Managed Services provider, they were left grappling with a host of challenges. Not only was there limited time for a comprehensive handover, but they were left wrestling with a long list of legacy issues and operational inefficiencies. Needing a partner who could on-board quickly and enhance their key performance indicators (KPIs), while also consolidating and reducing their Manage Services and Agile Development Management costs, MTNA turned to LATRO for help.
Within two months of the contract signature, LATRO had its Charging and Value-Added Services Systems Managed Services team fully implemented, bringing all the necessary tools required to get up and running within MTNA.
LATRO’s expansive Managed Services offering included:
- First & Second Level Operational Support: Operational support covering network monitoring, performance reporting, L1 preventive maintenance, 2nd level fault management, and much more.
- Agile Development Methodology (ADM): A comprehensive approach covering product design, development, deployment, and documentation.
- Operational Support: Support for a wide range of functions including system configuration, service integration, process and tool management to knowledge and competence management.
- Planning Design and Optimization: An all-inclusive service featuring system capacity planning, optimization, and inventory database management.
LATRO’s Managed Services have not only maintained the system’s stability but also ensured that every detail – from logging trouble tickets to software lifecycle management, system backups, and SLA management – was all handled with utmost precision. MTNA’s daily operations were transformed, with LATRO’s team monitoring nodes 24×7, producing internal root cause analysis reporting, supporting MTNA’s Testing & Quality Assurance team, and ensuring the swift closure of all system-related issues.
A Remarkable Transformation
One year after LATRO’s intervention, MTNA has witnessed exponential value across many domains:
- Systems Operation Value: Operational efficiency of systems like EDA and EMM have improved significantly from enhanced SMSC KPIs and resolved legacy errors.
- Time to Market Value: Achieving a 100% product launch rate across all business units.
- Capex Reduction Value: By streamlining and consolidating processes and optimizing the system assets.
- Business Continuity Value: Demonstrated through the simulated cluster failover on SMSC/USSD nodes and preparation of geographically redundant failover procedures.
- Agile Transition, Advanced Reporting and Monitoring, and Information Security: Achieved through LATRO’s well-structured Managed Services (MS) framework, comprehensive reporting, and enhanced perspective on KPIs.
LATRO’s robust framework and professional approach have addressed and rectified many additional operational challenges including rating discrepancies, system mismatches, and unused offers, which have paved the way for enhanced service delivery and increased customer satisfaction.
MTNA’s partnership with LATRO is a testament to the latter’s commitment, proficiency, and expertise in managing mobile network operations. By transforming challenges into success stories, LATRO has not only assisted MTNA in achieving its operational objectives but also showcased its credentials as a reliable partner and solution provider for mobile network operators worldwide.
🤝 Complete the contact form and learn more about our fraud control and managed services solutions and start your transformative journey today!